A retreat gives the opportunity for board members and staff to step away from the day-to-day, business as usual. It allows focus on the important rather than the urgent. It also provides opportunities for socializing and bonding. Establishing an espirit de corps amongst board and staff is very helpful.
Before considering a retreat answer these questions:
- What are my objectives for having a retreat?
- What do we hope to accomplish?
- Will board members and staff attend the retreat? Members only?
Objectives a retreat can accomplish:
- Examine the mission statement. Fulfill your mission.
- Create a vision and direction for the organization.
- Team building. Reenergize and reengage your board.
- Review Roles and Responsibilities.
- Plan for the year.
- Develop a fund-raising plan with specific board and staff responsibilities.
At the Chesapeake Think Tank, we plan retreats that are specifically catered to the attending staff and/or board of directors. We find out from your organization’s management and board members what they’d like to learn and accomplish during the retreat. Your retreat will be designed with the outcomes your organization desires – by matching your needs with our expertise.
Please contact us at email@example.com or (443) 249-3339 if you would like to schedule a complimentary conversation to discuss what your board retreat could accomplish.